Friday, November 7, 2014

And Then I Saw Her... (From The Motion Picture "Dear White People") By DJ Chuck "thE oLd SouL"



All Instrumentation and Programming By DJ Chuck "thE oLd SouL" For Honor Flow Productions


This past Tuesday night, I finally found time to go to the movies and check out "Dear White People." Man listen... in a status quo were "post race" and stereotypes are a subject of debate, this flick throws that conversation right in your face and makes your laugh in the process. I identified with his movie so much. I can't tell you how many scenes seemed to have came right out my college undergrad years, lol!

Furthermore, personally, I am EXTREMELY proud to be a part of the film's soundtrack! Pay close attention to the scene where Coco is filming her infamous vlog, that is this Honor Flow Productions jam in the back I named "And Then I Saw Her..." because the instrumental just felt like "A Fly Love Song."

My sister and I were hi-fiving in the theater like we just scored a touchtown lol! Super crazy to hear something you cooked up in your bedroom in a movie on the big screen, and then to see your name in the credits!? Wild man.

Lastly, a testimony of listening to your gut; when I was submitting beats for this and other potential projects, this was the only beat that I didn't make before hand in the batch I submitted. Something told me to make a fresh one to complete the group of tracks. And it turns out, this was the one that was placed. I heard this story a million times, but since I've experienced it, I'm firm believer in this saying: it only takes one. But it does takes a couple dozen before you get to that one, lol!
Special thanks to Paul Stewart of Atom Factory Music for the opportunity and go see Dear White People now! And take a couple friends with you!

- DJ Chuck "thE oLd SouL"

No comments:

Post a Comment